Join us for our Sweet Corn Festival and Day of Giving, August 11th
August 11, 2022 from 5pm-8pm at 13th and L Street is our Sweet Corn Festival and Day of Giving! There will be lots of food, drink, dessert, and more provided by local organizations. Also, corn eating contest at 6:15pm, corn hole, DUNK TANK provided by TH-PTO, and live music throughout the event. Bring your friends and family, it’s a local event you won’t want to miss! You can donate cash and check at the Sweet Corn event and also online below.
Donate to the Day of Giving Organizations Below
Sweet Corn Festival Vendors:
- Tekamah Pool: Chicken Strips
- Catholic Youth Group: Mac & Cheese Cups
- Tekamah Chamber of Commerce: Pulled Pork
- TH-PTO: Ice Cream Sundays and DUNK TANK
- Library Foundation: Root Beer Floats
- Girl Scout Troop 58172: Chalk Activity & Girl Scout Cookies
- Lions Club: Glasses Donation
- DT Photography: Session Giveaway
- LazyDayz: Detailing Car Display and Detailing Giveaway
Giving organizations include: Tiger Recreation Trail, Beautify Tekamah – Wall Mural, Lied Tekamah Library, and Girl Scout Troop 58172.
- Beautify Tekamah – Wall Mural: Let’s continue to improve Tekamah’s main street with a wall art mural! We are currently finding wall/location options in town, and need funding for the cleaning and painting of the wall. There will be a survey for the community to complete on what they think should be included in the mural.
- Tiger Recreation Trail: Tekamah has a beautiful parks and ball fields and a brand new swimming pool. Let’s take the next step in connecting and continuing to improve our recreation offerings with a walking trail. The first step to get the project off the ground is to revamp the engineering study completed 3 years ago with the city of Tekamah’s engineering firm. The cost to have a new plan produced is $20,000.
- Lied Tekamah Library: To update staff computers, kids iPads and all of our book collections. The average age of the total book collection is 2001 and only 6% of the materials in the library are 2017 are newer. The average age of the nonfiction collection is 1994, the average age of the fiction collection is 2003, and the average age of the children’s collection is 1998.
- Girl Scout Troop – 58172: We are revamping the Tekamah-Herman Girl Scout Program beginning in the 2022-2023 School Year. It would be wonderful to have funds for the girls to complete projects for our local community and their members, as well as attend camps of interest, increase girl participation and sponsor new membership for those who may need financial assistance.